Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Retrieve lotus notes email

Status
Not open for further replies.

calvi

Technical User
May 26, 2003
NL
Hello,I want to retrieve lotus notes email document properties. With Outlook it is possible. I am wondering if it is possible with lotus notes.
Set myFolder = myOlApp.GetNamespace("MAPI").Folders(MailboxName).Folders("Inbox")
Set myFolder = myFolder.Folders(FolderName)
Set myItems = myFolder.ItemsSet
TargetFolder = myFolder.Folders(SubFolderName)
ItemCount = myItems.Count
Do While ItemCount > 0
Set Obj = myItems(1)
If Obj.Class = olMail Then
'Append to table
rstMails.AddNew
rstMails!fldStepID = StepID
rstMails!fldInMailSubject = Obj.Subject
rstMails!fldInMailBody = Obj.Body
rstMails!fldInMailImportance = Obj.Importance rstMails!fldInMailCreationTime = Obj.CreationTime rstMails!fldInMailReceivedBy = Obj.ReceivedByName rstMails!fldInMailSender = Obj.SenderName
rstMails!fldInMailSendersEmaillAddress = Right(Obj.Subject, Len(Obj.Subject) - InStr(1, Obj.Subject, "/"))
'Get all recipients and concatenate them in the field MailRecip
Recipients = ""
i = 1
Do While i <= Obj.Recipients.Count
If i = 1 Then
Recipients = Obj.Recipients.Item(i) Else
Recipients = Recipients & ";" & Obj.Recipients.Item(i)
End If
i = i + 1
Loop
rstMails!fldInMailRecip = Recipients rstMails.Update
I want retrieve these properties also with lotus notes.if I am correct the second item: subject: rstMails!fldInMailSubject = noDocument.Subject(0) or noDocument.GetFirstItem("Subject") ? And i want to be able to retrieve the other properties: body, importance, creationtime (date and time), receivedby, sendername, recipients.item. whereby I set these before:
Set noView = noDatabase.GetView(FolderName)
Set noDocument = noView.GetFirstDocument

has anyone had dealt with these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back