Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

retaining the values in struts

Status
Not open for further replies.

onlymullapudi

Programmer
Apr 20, 2006
US
Hi,

I am doing a pop-up window, for editing the information. To show the information allready available, i am using textboxs and select boxes.

I am writing code like this

<bean:define id="prefix" name="editDdDetails" property="prefixDd" type="java.lang.String"/>
<html:text name="InsNativeForm" property="prefixDD" value="<%= prefix %>" size="8" maxlength="6" styleClass="uppercase" />

I specified the value to be shown in the value attribute of the <Html:text> tag..

But the problem is after the user edited the data in the pop-up, and when he submits it, i am using the validator framework to validate the data(like checking for required fields),if there is any error i am showing the pop-up again, but the data in the text box is going back to what we kept in the value attribute, i want to show the data modified by the user, not the old data.

I now that the problem is with value attribute, but is there any other way to hold the data..

thanks for ur time and help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back