Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Retaining net folders as I swich computer.s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted111

Technical User
Dec 29, 2001
US
I am supporting about 10 netfolders accounts in Outlook 2000. The problem is that I have bought a new machine on which I want to use Outlook 2002--which does not support netfolders. What I need to figure out is how to leave only the netfolders on the old machine--and to have an e-mail system that will only move those items.

I suppose what I need to do is to set up a new e-mail address on the old machine, and then run the netfolders through that. My concern is once I do that, that either (1) netfolders will not recognized/be recognized because the identity of the sender has been changed or (2) that it will see this as a new operation and send out duplicates.
(Netfolders likes to do this every chance it gets).

I have about 6000 contacts in three folders, so the idea of doing it from scratch is daunting--i.e., would take about 20 hours of work.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Ted Perlmutter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back