Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Retain facts for the CCNA Exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

boodox

MIS
Sep 24, 2002
GB
Hi All,

I need some advice. I haven't touched an exam since I left university around 4-5 years ago and I've literally just come back from sitting my CCNA 607 exam after getting a slightly pathetic score of 720. I've rebooked to sit it again in a week and a half but I need some help on Exam technique and recalling facts before I sit it the exam again in a week and .

I did study for a good month and a half and quite a few practice exams getting above and around 85% fairly frequently (I should have been getting higher before the exam, I know but life has been a bit chaotic of late) I thought I was ready and was feeling pretty confident.

Things were different when I got the exam. I had a couple of what I found to be REALLY tough troubleshooting questions right at the beginning and it felt like it "phased" me into feeling very "dumb" for a lot of the rest of the paper so I found myself struggling with questions that I didn't think I would have and WOULDN'T have before. It was the case of "I KNOW the answer to this but what is it?" The mind just went blank at times

Overall, I didn't get 0% in any testing area but the breakdown highlighted particularly on WAN Services, LAN Design what surprised me the most, Routing, which has been one of my stongest points up until now. I remembered one of the subnetting questions in the train on the way home, tried it again in the train and I had it within about 10 seconds. In the exam, the same question took me about 3 minutes (WAY too long)

I know that most everyone has a different method of studying, but I wondering if anyone has any helpful tips on study and exam technique. I'm going to be spending a LOT of time on Exam technique (which I think is where my failing was) but I would REALLY welcome any advice or tips that anyone has to offer.

Thanks a lot and good luck for anyone taking an exam soon!

KC

Read the post by nakona (TechnicalUser) on Sep 13, 2002
titled A suggestion for the CCNA thread473-359065, it tells you how you should go about it, i guess different people have different methods.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back