Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Results on one line

Status
Not open for further replies.

wgechter

MIS
Jul 24, 2002
US
Ok here it goes again. I hate writing to forums b/c I obviously don't know what I'm talking about. I will try to include everything!

My record selection:
{MRPL99.PROBLEM_NAME} like ["*NIDDM*", "*DIABETES*", "DIAB", "DIABETES MELLITUS", "DM"] and
not({MRPL99.PROBLEM_NAME} like ["DIABETES ISIPIDUS", "DI","*FH*", "FAMILY HISTORY DM", "*FAMILY*"]) and
not ({MRPA99.PAT_FIRST_NAME} like ["*trans*", "*disch*", "*decea*"]) and
{MRRV99.LAB_NAME} in ["MICROALB/CR RATIO", "DLDL", "HDL CHOL", "HGB A1C", "LDL CHOL", "OPHTHALMOLOGIST"] and
{MRPA99.USUAL_PVID} in ["AM1", "AB2", "CW1", "DD1", "DS1", "JB1", "JH1", "JQ1", "KP1", "MM1", "MP1", "PM1", "PS1", "SS2"]

I have no group selection. The three tables are left outer joined by PTID, the unique key. I have 8 groups in this order PAT_LAST_NAME, PAT_EXT_ID, @DLD, @EYE EXAM, @HDL, @HGB, @LDL, @MICRAL.

The formulas of each lab above look like this:
if {MRRV99.LAB_NAME} = "DLDL" and
(not isnull({MRRV99.LAB_RESULT})) and
{MRRV99.D_LAB_DRAWN} in (currentdate - 424) to CurrentDate
then {MRRV99.LAB_RESULT}
Replacing "DLDL" with whatever lab it is I'm looking for. Each formula may also have a different D_LAB_DRAWN date range.

I also have @DLDL DATE, @EYE DATE, @HDL DATE ETC...:
if {MRRV99.LAB_NAME} = "DLDL" and
(not isnull({MRRV99.LAB_RESULT})) and
{MRRV99.D_LAB_DRAWN} in (currentdate - 424) to CurrentDate
then {MRRV99.D_LAB_DRAWN};
Again replacing the lab name or date range for each formula.

I am looking for a report that has all the results on fewer lines or one line. Example:

ID Name Eye HDL LDL HGB DLDL Micral
1 Wendi 3 4 2 6 7 7
3/05 6/05 7/05 3/05 8/05 7/05
7 8
9/05 9/05

It can be based off date all on one line but currently I am receiving a report that looks like this where all my fields are located in Group Header #8:

ID Name Eye HDL LDL HGB DLDL Micral
1 Wendi
3/05
6/05
9/05
7/05
3/05
9/05
8/05
7/05

Obviously, this is because of the way I am grouping but I don't know how to get it on one line. Sorry the alignment is incorrect, not taking the time to use tgml. Using Crystal 10, Oracle database. What am I missing? Wendi

Your post is pretty good, however basic technical information is helpful:

Crystal version
Database/connectivity used
Example data
Expected output

You've posted an example of the Expected output, and an example of a bad report, the latter being unimportant. But we don't have data to know what we derive the output from.

It seems only group you need is ID.

You may be able to use Running Totals, and in the Evaluate->Use a Formula use your criteria.

Hard to say because you didn't post example data. Are these sums? Are they to be shown at a group level?

Think of posting akin to a mini-spec, show what you have (envirnment, data), and state what you need.

-k

The data is not summary's The data is value's from my formulas, lab result values. Below the heading HDL is my data which is the formula @HDL and @HDL Date, which is the formula's from above. That is the data. I do not know if they are to be shown at a group level, but it is the only way that I can see them correctly after working with putting the data fields in my details section vs somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back