Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restriction on Published Documents

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaass

Technical User
Mar 28, 2003
GB
Dear all

My requirement is like,
A user can view the published reports as well as create their own ad-hoc reports. Here i want to put a restriction on the user not to "Save As", "Export" or of any sort except viewing, only for published reports. Can somebody help me to achieve this

Thanks..Vaass

You would probably have to create two accounts for each user. The local account [sup](1)[/sup] can create new documents, but not publish or retrieve etc. A second account [sup](2)[/sup] can retrieve corporate documents, but is limited in all other mentioned faculties....

Ties Blom
Information analyst

Thanks Blom

i too thought abt that..but the problem is i have 150-200 users, i cannot duplicate the user logins for all the users...is there any other way of doing it.

Thanks again

Vaass

Pretty hard to achieve... If you enable offline login and somehow can get it to work that no connection is setup to the repository, people would be able to work with no security enforced, creating local documents. However, this may conflict with secured connections not working anymore..

I'll give this some thought, but do not see a solution now..

Ties Blom
Information analyst

Blom

Thanks for the efforts made.

BO simply isn't that granular. I believe this will be improved with the XI releases.

Steve Krandel
VERITAS Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back