Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restriction on incoming calls on OS4K

Status
Not open for further replies.

plokijuh

Systems Engineer
Aug 12, 2017
AZ
Hi guys,

I need some subscribers to receive calls only within the country, whether it be a mobile or regular city PBX.

Is there a way to achieve this?

OpenScape 4000 v8.

Thanks in advance.

Only way is to give it a National Accessable Number only - for example a Freephone number which is only accessable from within your territory.
The system does not distinguish for individual extensions what countries can dial inwards.
You can (using the AMO CLIMA) restrict incoming calls but only system wide.
Maybe have a conversation with your local carrier to see can they assist.
You could maybe give them a non direct dial in number and then only your operator could transfer incoming calls to those extensions.

Thank you for the answer sbcsu.

National Accessable Number - is it ordinary city PBX number?
If so they already have it and it is accessable within country.
Those subscribers already have 7 digits number which can be reached within country.

I already use AMO CLIMA. But as you said to restrict incoming calls and only system wide.

I mean something like a 'non-geographic' number for example a 1800 free phone number but from a carrier that only allows calls from national.

Unfortunately it is not possible at the moment.

I'll try something and post the results.

You can restrict all incoming calls via the COS - then you could change the COS for different times of the day if that would assist.

COS can help to restrict all incoming calls as you said, but I need to block only international incoming calls.

I though about COS as well but in conjunction with ITR. But this will require more additional changes.

Most likely I'll just pass the numbers I need to OSB X8 and do restrictions there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back