Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restricting Print to a Single Page in Portrait format

Status
Not open for further replies.

SD8146

Technical User
Jul 8, 2005
We have a form that users complete on-line and print off for signature - the form does fit on a single page but on some printers the fonts are enlarged and it goes over onto a second page. Another problem is that some users have their printer set to print in landscape mode by default.

Is there any code I can use that will 1.) restrict the print to a single page, and 2.) in portrait format only.

Many thanks.

I've had similar problems, and I searched high and low for a solution with no results. I'll watch this thread in case somebody has a fix, but I've just resigned myself to the fact that the web browser, while it is a universal client, is not universally standard.

My solution was that I eventually got the multimedia department into it and had them whip me up a flash-based form which has more control over the printout, and that works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back