Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

restricting paging over a trunk on a merlin magix by station

Status
Not open for further replies.

manersj

Technical User
Apr 17, 2003
US
first i want to thank everyone for all their help.
Is there anyway to keep station users from using the page feature in a class of service or something like that. the paging is going out over #9840 to a bogen ut1312 zone controller thaks guys again for all the help.

#9 840 tells me that line 840 has been programmed as a Paging Port. (Of course you knew that)

That being said, there is no way to restrict a Paging Port.

If this line was not programmed as a paging port, access to that line may be able to be accomplished by setting it up in a pool, and of course, thus access could be restricted.

I say MAYBE because the BOGEN would have to provide that line with "LOOP CURRENT" before the System will allow access to it. (Dial tone is not required, only "TALK" battery.)

It very well may have "LOOP CURRENT" right now.

However, setting up the ARS tables to accomplish this would take a while, and everyone would have to be re-trained on accessing Paging.

The easiest way is to tell the person doing the unwanted Paging to "STOP", or face the consequences!

is there a way to program a button with the access code so that it dosent show when they press it that way i could program the buttons on the phones that need paging. (personal speed dialing or something like that)

Add trunk 840 to the extension: Sys Program > Start > Extensions > LinesTrunks > dial extension number to add this line to and press Enter > Entry Mode > dial 840 and press Enter.

Label the line appearance as "Loudspeaker Page". Touching this button will do the same thing that #9840 does.

Tim Alberstein

However, the sad part about this is, #9840 will still work.

So, perhaps before you put the line on the Extensions as a button, you could move your paging port to a different line.

Thus, #9840 would no longer work.

or just renumber the line 840 to say like 6

then when u need to page outside the programed loudspeaker button use #96

How about putting a memo out that states, "Any unauthorized person paging over the paging system will be fired

That would be my option 1 for sure.

Just like I hate when they say; "Well, my people don't want to go to the trouble to log in."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back