Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restricting international calling

Status
Not open for further replies.

srcvh1

Technical User
Feb 1, 2007
US
I have a customer that wants to restrict internatonal calling to people unless they have an auth code. I'm going through ld 88 and have no idea how to set this up. I know that I have to set up the Auth code in LD 88. I know that I would need to do something to 011 in LD 90 and Ld 86. And I'm sure something needs to be done on the phones. Is there a simple step by step procedure on how to do this?

Here is a summary:

[ul]
[li]The phones must be a lower NCOS than is allowed for International dialing.[/li]
[li]The RLI for International must have a higher FRL than the phones.[/li]
[li]Set the RLI MFRL to = the FRL in the Route List[/li]
[li]Create Auth Codes that meet or exceed the NCOS needed to dial Internationally.[/li]
[/ul]

How to Set up Auth Codes for Evaluation

Create the AUB block in LD88 –none of this is permanent – we are only making one Auth Code.

REQ new
TYPE aub
CUST 0
SPWD (if you do not know this, try 0000 or change it in LD15 PWD)
ALEN 5 (We’re picking 5 digit codes)
ACDR no (no for now, but yes when we implement with CDR)
AUTHCOD_ALRM off
RANR x
ACLE yes
BRST 3
RTRY
CLAS 1 (Each Auth Code is in a CLAS that has specific capabilities – for now we are creating one generic CLAS)
COS unr
TGAR 0
NCOS 7
CLAS(return)
AUTO no – AUTO yes will generate codes – you do not want this because

Create one AUT code in LD88

REQ new
TYPE aut
CUST 0
SPWD
CODE 54321
SARC
CLAS 1
CODE (return to finish)

Set up one Long Distance NPA to be the “test” of requiring Auth Codes

Identify one rarely dialed NPA that is considered costly. We will pick 1519 (Windsor, Ontario) for this exercise.

Identify and print the RLI for this NPA.

Make a brand new LD86 RLI that matches the one for NPA1519. every prompt should match except for

FRL 7 in each ENTR
MFRL 7 at the end

LD90 CHG that NPA 1519 to the new RLI you built above.

Find a TN that is an NCOS of 0 to 6 – just not 7. Try to dial 1-519-966-1200 (Hotel in Windsor). You should get a special tone – enter 54321

There is your test.

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

Gene,
As usual you are the man. Worked like a charm after inputting your notes. Thanx!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back