Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RESTRICTING INTERCOM CALLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwadia

Vendor
Oct 23, 2002
US
Is there any way to restrict intercom calls on a MICS 7.0.

Customer wants to restrict a phone not to dial anything.
Is that possible

Not dial anything at all? Only think I can think of is to program the set for 'hotline', if that's still an option (i haven't programmed one in a few years...)

On second thought, what are they actually trying to accomplish? What will the phone be for--receiving only? Old answer used to be put a phone with no faceplate, but that's not always an option with digital sets....

We have analog sets we are trying to implement in a hospitality (motel) application. When there is a situation where the guest is harrassing other guests we want to be able to cut their access to dial people.

I'd go with phoneguy427's suggestion... or having the set hotline to the attendant, that way if they harass the attendant, they can be asked to leave...

Not certain this will work, but how about setting line preference to poola, instead of intercom. This may restrict there ability to call operator, but I think that they would not be able to get to intercom. Lines must be in poola for this to work. Assume they dial 9 to get out.

They are referring to the sample call restriction on page 478 of the Ver 7.0 MICS Installers Guide. It give the example for a "Vacant" room where no calls are allowed, with the exception of 911. This is used for vacant rooms to prevent abuse, as well as when a guest is harassing other guest. It is something that should be available with the Hospitality login, and not the programming login.

It just does not give the settings for it. The restrictions set in the filters seem to work only for external calls, but the example suggest that you should be able to restrict internal calls as well.

Is there any setting that would restrict internal calls. Everything read and tried does not allow you to restrict internally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back