Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restricting extensions from paging

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjmt

Technical User
Feb 11, 2008
US
I have an overhead paging module that requires an analog extension but I need to control which extensions have access to it.

Is it possible for a user to dial a trunk access code so that I can restrict who get access via TGAR/TARG permissions and then send the allowed callers it to the paging module WITH a loop start ring tone so that the paging module will answer it?

typically ACOD is used for paging access, you are on the right track

Mato' Was'aka

I agree as far as using a trunk route to control access but how can I generate DTMF out of a trunk card so that it can interface with a paging connection that would normally use a CO or analog extension feeding into it? (All the trunk paging we currently use is basically an open audio feed into a mixer port of an amplifier.)

Program a trunk card TN as a WATS trunk, and get something like a Valcom V-2006A (if you have multiple zones to page to, but only a limited number of trunks to use for paging).

Program your ACOD to hit the Valcom unit, then an additional digit for the zone itself (controlled by the Valcom unit).

To control access to the ACOD, then use, use TARG/TGAR for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back