Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

restricting 911 from certain phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgibson

Technical User
Sep 25, 2003
US
I have installed a shoretel system and the customer wants to restrict 911 calls from certain common area phones. Is this possible?
I have created a new user group and new COS where I put 911 and 9911 in the restrictions of the COS. Assigned that user group to a phone and 911 still goes through. I have even unchecked the emergency 911 box in the trunk group and it still goes through. Any ideas?

I think 911 is a number you can not restrict. I have always been told there are legal reasons for making sure all phones can dial 911.

according to this forum entry you can restrict it in the trunk group but my 911 calls are still going through...i cant find anything on the shoretel site to confirm this...I appreciate the response.

Can 911 be disabled on a per user basis?

Issue: Can 911 be restricted from certain extensions?

Scenario: We have a user who is accidentally dialing 911 and now the Local 911 office is charging us for each 911 false call placed. Can we restrict this user from dialing 911?

Resolution: ShoreTel does not permit you from restricting access to just one person and does not recommend disabling 911 for any Trunk Groups.

To disable it on the trunk level:
Access ShoreWare Director
Select Trunks
Select Trunk Groups
Uncheck "Emergency (e.g. 911)"
At this point, anyone associated with this trunk group will be restricted from dialing 911.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back