Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restricted Number of records from View

Status
Not open for further replies.

blindlemonray

Technical User
Nov 24, 2003
GB
Hi,

I have linked a view in SQL Enterprise Manager into my database but i can only seem see up tp 2000 records from my view, which should contain about 100,000.

Does anybody know why this is?

many thanks
BLR
[afro]

You'll probably get a better response by posting this in an SQL Server forum mate

JB

hi JBinQLD, I will try in the SQL forum but thought it might be an access issue and not a SQL issue as the view in SQL works as it should and the table in access does not.

Hi Dhookom, when I query this table I will only see a small number of records. But the table contains approx 30-40 users telemarketing activity for up to 20 to 30 days and therefore would have to contain lots of records. Trouble is I can only query a very small percent of the info (2000 records) that I actually need, its not even a couple of days worth of information.

Are you suggesting that if you set a filter or apply a criteria to the form's record source, you will not see some records that match the criteria?

Does your view have a field or fields that can be used as a primary key? If so, did you specify this when you linked to the view?

Have you considered using a pass-through query rather than a linked view?

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back