Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restrict Users from seeing Form Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaaret

Instructor
Jun 19, 2002
Can someone direct me to a thread on how to restrict users from viewing a form's design in Access 2007?

I think Maze means accde. here is an overview:
The Microsoft Access ACCDE File Format

An .accde file is the Office Access 2007 version of the .mde file in earlier versions of Access. It is a locked-down version of the original .accdb file. If the .accdb file contained any VBA code, only the compiled code is included in the .accde file - as a result, the VBA code cannot be viewed or modified by the user. The ACCDE file allows users to perform normal database operations, but prohibits creation of database objects and alterations to the designs of forms and reports.
Benefits of an ACCDE File

An ACCDE file has the following benefits:

* Reduces the size of the database.
* Optimizes memory usage and improves performance.
* Protects the VBA code from being viewed or edited while still allowing it to run.
* Allows users to update data and run reports without providing the entire database.

Forms and Reports in an ACCDE File

An ACCDE file does not allow you to:

* View, modify, or create forms, reports, or modules in Design view.
* Add, delete, or change references to databases or object libraries.
* Change code—there is no source code.
* Import or export forms, reports, or code modules

ACCDE File Requirements

Before converting a database to an ACCDE file, you must password protect the database and save all references to other Access databases.
MDE File Format

The ACCDE file format in the Access 2007 application replaces the MDE format in earlier versions of Microsoft Access.

Cogito eggo sum – I think, therefore I am a waffle.

yep lol :)

HTH << MaZeWorX >> Remember amateurs built the ark - professionals built the Titanic [flush]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back