Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restrict SIP calling

Status
Not open for further replies.

boycey9

Programmer
Mar 28, 2006
GB
Anyone got a way to restrict the amount of outbound SIP calls without affecting inbound?
Scenario would be 10 SIP trunks for Inbound/Outbound on the MCD/MBG so I want to allow only 8 outbound so incomming calls can always get through.

You could create a second peer for outbound and limit the channels. (Probably)

I do this for my international calls and limit the channels to 2 or less to protect my customers from hacking. The same method would be valid for outbound in general.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

I would imagine that getting two sip peers back to the provider one with 8 and one with two retrict the one with 2 to O/G only and make up a route that uses the 8 first and then the 2 would work. Not tested or tried though.

Yes this did cross my mind, Ive used the same method for restricting CLI in the past for several extensions but was always unsure if Mitel would support dual SIP profiles.
It would complicate the outbound routes somewhat adding another entry to the list, I was kind of hoping there was an easier setting I had missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back