Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restrict PHone to dial just one number

Status
Not open for further replies.

roaming

IS-IT--Management
Feb 1, 2005
US
Good morning All:

Was wondering if anyone knows of a way to restrict a station to automaticaly dial a specific number.

We have a receiving area for truckers and we want them to be able to lift the handset and the phone automatically dials a number. I do not want the phone to be aboe to dial any other number ??

Thank you very much

Will

I have done this once a long time ago. Do a search for hotline and there are several threads on how to do this.

gblucas

install an analog phone there and set it up as a ringdown circuit. This way it does not matter what buttons they try and press it will only goto the pre programmed number

I recently just did this with an analog line and I purchased a Viking K-1900D-2 Hotline Desk Phone. The programming for the phone was done remotely and it works quite well. All they have to do is pickup the receiver and it immediately calls...

Thanks,

Joe

Will
the easiest way to set this up is to install an analog phone then on the 3rd page set the speeed dial up so that it uses system speed. Set up a system speed dial to dial the number you want the phone to dial I.E entry 10 on the speed dial list. Once you have done that go back to the station programming and enter the speed dial list on page 3 then the entry 10. Then as soon as the handset is lifted the phone will dial the number from the speed dial list
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back