Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restrict ODBC Access : Exit Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcawdron

Programmer
Jun 14, 2000
AU
Does anyone know how to restrict ODBC access through the use of exit programs?

I need to limit my users so that, regardless of their ODBC settings, they can only run SELECT statements. In otherwords, whether their ODBC driver is set to Read Only or Read/Write the system should only accept SELECT statements.

Also, in addition to this, I want to develop the Exit Program so it does allow Update/Delete/Insert queries to tables A1, B1 and C1.

Any ideas?

hi,
can u control from server side ?
if u use iSeres, u can manage it by granting^^;

Look at the following website. It is Wayne O Evans website. There is some good sample code you can build on, and some good examples.

We have a nice exit program that checks the type of request and verifies against a PF with a list of names you can specify. You can specify group profile, username, single files and use generic chars to get multiples, and *all in a lib. I didn't write it, but will look at finding the source for you.

Will

Thanks for the input, I'll have a close look at those articles.

As always, the willingness of Tek-Tips professionals is greatly appreciated

Regards,
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back