Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restrict Intercom 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 15, 2000
CA
Nortel Option 11c. We have our intercom routed so that it is accessed by dialing 80 on any extension in the building. What would be the easiest way to prevent any one telephone set from being able to access the intercom by dialing 80 ?

Thanks,
Dean G>

IF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT PAGING LOOK INTO USING TGAR AND TARG TO CONTROL ACCESS TO THAT ROUTE

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

perry nailed it.. little more detail.. mathch the targ on the route (ld 16) to the tgar on the set..

i would prt the route (ld 21 prt rdb) then chg rdb, make the targ 6 or 4 or any other vacant targ, then match the tgar on the set..

the other way is nfrl tables but that is a can you do not want to open if you do not have to..

(history) prior the bars we used nfrl (ld 49) for control and made acod for locals 9 and acod for ld 8.. then built allow and deny.. long drawn out

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

faster, break one finger on that user

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks Perry and John, worked like a charm.

On the finger breaking thing, I would love to, but in this large facility, I'd be a busy techie breaking those suckers ... ;)

Thanks,
Dean G>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back