Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restrict Incoming Calls at Extension 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

LostTimber

IS-IT--Management
Jun 18, 2023
US
Hey Everyone,

I'm setting up a Partner ACS system at a youth camp that I run. I have an extension in each building for internal communications. I don't want every extension to receive incoming phone calls. What is the best way to go about that?

Line Access Restriction - #302-{Ext No}-{Line No}-{1=No Restriction / 2=Out Only / 3= In Only / 4=No Access} can set them to No Access on every line, then use #301 to remove the line appearances from the phone. They can't get dial tone by dialing Intercom codes.

Please consider if the phones will need to be able to dial 911 for emergencies. If so, leave the lines assigned to the extension, set #302 to Out Only, and use:

Disallowed Phone Number List #404-{List Number 1}-{Entry 01}-{Wild Card Character}
Disallowed List Assignment #405-{Ext No}-{List 1}-{1=Assigned}
Emergency Phone Number List #406-{Entry 01}-{911}

so they can get dial tone for outbound calls, but it disconnects them if they dial anything other than 911. You could set the Auto Line Select to Intercom first, forcing them to grab an outside line before dialing 911.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back