Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restrict a User from Receiving External Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewM

MIS
Jun 18, 2001
US
I would like to be able to restrict a station from receiving external calls. I can restrict outbound external calls via a COR, but haven't figure out how to do so for inbound external calls.

Environment: We are not utilizing DID. All calls are received by an Audix auto-attendant, and routed by extension or listed directory name.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Set up a Cover Path for this station to send all calls to some place else. Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

Phoneman2's solution won't work, unless you change coverage parameters. All calls will go to cover otherwise! Easier solution would be to put user(s) in a seperate Class of Restriction and make the Called Party Restriction (Outward) and CALLING Party Restriction (Inward)Do not forget to name the New COR so that you know what it does! Depending on what voice mail you have, you may have to block access to the inbound Trunks COR, But watch out for 911 access.

I think is not so simple. If you don't have DID but the calls are managed by Audix Auto Attendant, when a call for a station arrives to the Intuity is routed like an internal transfer, so i think that changing the cor to the station doesn't change the situation.In my opinion the only solution is to move out the extension from the list of the auto attendant ( but don't ask me how because i'm using the Intuity but not for auto attendant).

Hope this helps

What you could try is make a separate COR for the stations you don't want to receive external calls.
Make an other COR for the ports from AUDIX and disable the ability to make calls to the COR that you made earlier for the specific stations.

Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

Europe is right, this way we blocked the production people from calling the CEO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back