Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restoring specific folders in Exchange 5.5 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

khyron

Technical User
Nov 21, 2000
CA
Hi,

One of our employees lost all messages in his sent items folder from Nov-March. (Not deleted, lost due to a corruption or something). I want to restore them, but the only option in the Legato exchange plugin is to restore the entire private data store.

Can anyone give me suggestions on what I need to do/read to be able to solve this problem - ie, restore just his mailbox, or even better, just his sent items folder?

Using Legato 5.7 with the exchange plugin.

Khyron

Your options depend on how you back up Exchange. If you just do a blanket backup of MSEXCH:DS and IS, then the only way I know of is to restore the whole database.

If you backup users mailboxes individually, then you can restore them individually..

If you are thinking of backing up mailboxes individually, you should reference NetWorker's release guide for the Exchange module, as there are a couple of "side effects" that go with that type of backup.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back