Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restoring/Reindexing data

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferryjenny

Technical User
Nov 22, 2000
GB
Am missing my data and could really use some help.

Basically the server that We had livelink on was slowly dying so we had to move it. I copied the External data store to a new server, disconected the livelink instance from the DB (oracle) and turned off the old server.

On a new server I then installed livelink and when prompted attached it to an existing DB (the Oracle from before) I then went through the admin process and resynchronised the Data sources. Livelink itself is running fine, I can open it and use it well but I cant see any of my data! I have checked all paths etc and they are all correct and if i add folders etc then it works fine and indexes them. However when I re-index it dosent pick up the data in the external store.

Could there be some path somewhere that is pointing to the old external file store (if its in the DB where would i find it?) At the moment I have a livelink instance connected to the DB but unable to display or index the data in the external file store.

Any help would be very much appreciated. I am using livelink 8.1.5

Basically this is a curious situation I would check thoroughly the webserver permissions,the domain user who runs the livelink processes and the admin processes.As a trial you may want to openup the permissions for that user for your external file store.The easiest way is to log on to the computer having the EFS as the account that is running livelink and the admin services and try to browse/create a file since this is exactly what livelink is also doing. You say you can add a folder(competely DB operation)but you cannot get it to index new documents.
Code:
select dataid  from dtreenotify
The above query is the pool of documents ready for indexing
Code:
select inivalue  from kini where inisection='OTIndex'
If you wanted the path of your docstorage it is
select * from kini where inisection='Livelink.DocStorage'
a return value of -1 indicates that the indexing is over
Code:
TO check Your index convert to unix parlance if you are unix
C:\OPENTEXT\bin>otcheckndx -s c:\opentext\index\enterprise\index\livelink.ctl
I just ran ours and it said I have no errors
Anyways can you also check whether the user running the livelink processes can actually see the livelink file storage and that user is the one who does the Admin Server processes also

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
Mark Twain

appnair

Thanks this sort of helped but I still have a problem. I can add data to livelink and it DOES index it and everything works fine. The problem I am having is I have a lot of data in an extrenal file store and I dont know how to get it into livelink.

Is there any way to reassociate the data in the data store with the database so it can be put back into livelink and then indexed.

did you mean a lot of documents in a mapped drive
or did you mean you have a lot of leftover data from your moving.In otherword you have documents in file store but the livelink database does not know about .
If the qn is 1 )You can get Obectimporter Utility from livelink,2-Try a product like Authorlink,Livelink Explorer and if you are up to it write a LAPI program to accomplish the same
If you were asking about 2-livelink 9 offers a way to check the inconsistencies.Any way these are the main three tables that make up the doc store and version control

Code:
select docid,providerid from dversdata
   where docid=(select dataid from dtree where dataid='12345')

Explanation of this query.When you first add a adocument and say livelink gave that document the number 12345 as llobjID.As you start adding versions all the version info is maintained via dversdata and providerdata.Providerid is the key by which livelink finds the actual document in the external file store.If you take the providerid form the baove query and run it against providerdata table you can see where the document is being stored in the EFS.In your case if you rig up these correctly you can actually find all documents that livelink knows off and the rest in your drive is what is left which livelink does not.this only serves as validation.You will have to re-map the documents extraneous using a bulk utility or sheer brute force

select * from providerdata where providerid in (<the providerid's you got from the earlier query')

I haven't had time to check my syntaxa nd the field so please run a describe on the schema and that should get you started.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
Mark Twain

appnair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back