Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restoring Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimmy

MIS
Nov 25, 1999
FR
Hello,
I am having trouble trying to find a way of just restoring one single table from my Full Backup. A table has mysteriously disappeared from a database and so I just want to restore that One table.
In 6.5 it as as simple as select single table in the GUI but I cannot see anything in SQL 2000.
In the script help I can see you can do a partial restore but surely there is an easier way.

Thanks.....Grimmy

Just restore to another database and export the table into the existing one

Unfortunately, the redesign and rewrite of SQL Server that occurred for SQL 7 eliminated the ability to restore by table from a backup. As PFR said, restore the database to a new database and copy the table to the old database. In order to easily identify and manage restore databases, we usually append Restore to the database name. If only some of the tables in the HR database are to be restored, we will name the new database HRRestore.

Restoring in this manner can cause problems. There may not be sufficient disk space to restore to the server. The full restore may take a long time if the database is large. Terry L. Broadbent
Programming and Computing Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back