Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restoring older voicemails

Status
Not open for further replies.

robakabobbo

Technical User
Mar 14, 2013
US
Hello. I am new to callpilot. I have a user requesting us to bring back some old voicemails from 2 weeks ago. I back them up weekly, how do I do a 1 mailbox restore to at least go back one week. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

it all depends on the backup you have...if you did a user archive then you can restore just that user mailbox.

If you have a full system backup, then you have to restore everyone mailbox...if this is your case, tell the user it can't be done, the backup has been overwritten or whatever excuse you need to make. Satisfying one person and pissing off everyone else is not worth it, no matter who's requesting it.

I do have a user archieve, how do I proform it from there? I have never done it at all.

Access CPMGR and go to System -> Backup/Restore ->Select a task : Restore from Archive and retrieve your archive, either from tape or network location then select the archive you want and select the person you want to restore once the archive has been retrieved.

I've done these a couple of times, you MAY have to delete the mailbox first before it will restore.

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back