Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restoring Netware files using Arcserve 11.5 for Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

malkaul

IS-IT--Management
Aug 10, 2000
GB
I am currently testing whether or not Arcserve 11.5 for Windows will read and restore from tapes that we created using Arcserve for NetWare.

I have heard that it works on Backup Exec, but when I tested it, it was a bit flaky so I have installed the 11.5 trial version of Arcserve which, I would have thought, would be more stable given that I am trying to use tapes created by a previous version of the same software!

I would like to know if anyone has successfully done this and if so, do you have any tips?

Thanks for your help

Mal

No, not supported, and BE is only able to restore very old versions of ARCserve tapes AFAIK (pre v9). NetWare files need to go back to a netware server.

Yes ARCserve windows will restore ARCserve NetWare backups, and yes the data must be restored back to a NetWare box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back