Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

restoring forms after crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlier

Programmer
Dec 11, 2000
US
Hello, monday my accountants computer crashed. I pulled the harddreive and was able to make a copy of the complete peachtree folder. I reformatted the accountant's machine, installed peachtree and put the company folder in its place (with my fingers crossed) and was able to save all of the files. He,(the accountant) had customized invoices and checks, but obviously this did not come with the fresh install. How do i restore the custom invoices and checks on his fresh system?

Custom forms are stored in the datapath.

If you open the peachtree initialization file (i.e., pcw90.ini--for release 9)the datapath information is in the third paragraph down. Whatever his datapath was at the time of the crash was where his forms were stored. The form files all end in FRM, i.e., inv00001.frm (invoice) or apc00000.frm (ap check)). You can copy the form files to his datapath and then all companies can use the forms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back