Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restoring files to the celerra

Status
Not open for further replies.

roycrom

Programmer
Aug 2, 2002
GB
I apologise if this should be in backup/recovery board but this seemed a more logical place to post.

I'm using veritas netbackup 5.1 on solaris to backup our NAS (emc celerra) using NDMP with a diretly attached tape drive.

Is anyone else using this configuration?

We often get restore requests from people, but redirect restores restore the full file path i.e. if i try to redirect "/foo/bar/foo.xls" to "/foo/bar/foo.recov.xls" I actually get the restore in "/foo/bar/foo.recov.xls/foo/bar/foo.xls"

Which can be a pain because long tree names become diffuicult to manage once they go over 256 characters.

Does anyone know of a way to redirect restores in this fashion?

My NDMP Admin guide more or less just says select thhe file and press restore! Very unhelpful!!

------------------------------------------
Somethings come from nothing, nothing seems to come from somethings - SFA - Guerilla

roycrom :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back