Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restoring expired backups 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnPlayerSpecial

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2005
FI
Hi,

I have to restore from tape which is expired but still visible on gui/not overwrited and they have physical protection on so no overwriting will be possible.

I scanned those tapes and Arcserve notified 58 sessions found etc. If I browse the tapes it says "No details found. Do you want to merge session"

Can you specify how can I restore from those tapes?

You have to merge the session.
just insert the expired tape(s) in the library and browse in the db for the relative job.

Brightstor automatically will create and run a merge session that will load from the tape(s) all you need and when the merge job is finish you'll see again in the db all the stuffs backed up.
Note: If the backup is huge (I mean -a lot- of files numerically, not by filesize because merge sessions will only enumerate files) you have to wait until all the files are listed in the db

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back