Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restoring Exchange 5.5 & Internet Mail Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadak1

Programmer
Mar 9, 2001
GB
OK, i've followed all the steps to recover my exchange 5.5 server onto another server named the same(except on different domain). (used fueg007 method and kb155216). followed all steps upto isinteg -patch, all appeared to work. Tried to reinstall Internet mail service and i get error 7001 service failed blah bl;ah blah. I've changed the server from one domain to another, this included setting up the service account with a new account. I've tried the copnsistency adjuster, but i'm getting nowhere. help!!! All the pub priv files are in place, and the working directories are fine. the mesage transfer agent appears not start either.

forgot to say that previous exchange 5.5 was on aN NT4 domain controller, i have moved to a w2k member server. i think there appears to a SID issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back