Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restoring Exchange 2003 Messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewTech38

Technical User
Dec 2, 2010
CA
Hi All,

I am new to Exchange restore, I have a client who has Exchange 2003 and using Backup Exec 10d. I am trying to restore some deleted emails from a backup, but am having some issues.

If I look in the Backup Exec 10d job, it appears to be backing up the mailbox store and the public store. I setup a Restore group in Exchange but can not figure out the Backup Exec to tell it where to restore these files to instead of back into their original location.

I find the restore I want and browse to and check off the "Mailbox store" for that backup, but in the left tab under "Destination" I see a Microsoft Exchange Redirection" and under that "Redirect Exchange Sets" but it asks me for the server the server then the "Restore to mailbox" which is confusing me.

Basically all I want to do is to restore this to a temp location, choose what I want to restore and go from there.

Anyone who uses Backup Exec 10d, or has done this with the product, I would appreciate your help.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back