Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restoring emails 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim55

IS-IT--Management
Sep 13, 2004
GB
Someone left last week and appears to have deleted all their emails and then gone into Recover Deleted Items and deleted them from there too, since from either Outlook 2010 or using OWA, no emails can be found, except for the few that have come in in the last few days.

However, Exchange is set to store deleted items for 30 days and if I look in the ESM under Mailboxes, I can see that this person's mailbox has about 7,000 items in it.

The problem is how to access them. Has anyone got some ideas?

Many thanks.

Try going to the user's 'Inbox' folder in Outlook, then going to 'Recover Deleted Items'. If an message is 'permanently' deleted directly from the 'Inbox', rather then being simply deleted followed by emptying the deleted items folder, it will only be found this way.

When all else fails, read the book!

restore from a backup.

-------------------------------

If it doesn't leak oil it must be empty!!

Thanks for the comments guys. The deleted emails cannot be found using Recover Deleted Items. A bit odd really and I can't find a way to do it from the server, so restore from backup seems the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back