Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restoring deleted voice messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

rheine

Vendor
Apr 13, 2009
US
I have a call-pilot CallPilot Manager version 04.04.04.03 system. The customer had deleted a message and wants it restored. Call-pilot gets backed up weekly to a tape plus the files get sent to an external server where it is backed up.

I followed the normal procedure below to restore (1) mailbox:

1) System back-up and restore

2) Select a task: Restore from Archives.

3) From back-up device: CP_users- Then press retrieve directory. (This is the director where all messages are stored)

4) look at the archive date and click on User archive.

5) Find the extension, and click on it.

6) look at the deleted messages. Click on the ones to be restored, then click ok.

7) Make sure that the extension is checked off, just the one that you want to restore.

8) Click restore on the bottom of the page.

I found this file "CP_Users" and zipped it from the backup server and sent that to my email. This is a very large file. At some point I will need to unzip it. Since call-pilot is not able to find this file on the backup tape where would I send this file? Would I need to save it on the call-pilot machine and not the GUI application? The call-pilot is only going to be in place until the end of the week since they are migrating to an IP solution phone system and voice mail system.

Done..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back