Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

restoring deleted hd files 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kell3625

Programmer
Jan 6, 2001
US
i formatted a drive that i didn't want to. how do i restore the files i deleted?

Assume Windows of some sort...? I use a prog called Easy Recovery Professional v6. Load prog onto a working version of Windows (W2K, XP), then attach your mistakenly formatted drive to that computer either as a slave or to the second IDE i/face. Run Easy Recovery and hopefully you'll be able to restore what you need. You'll need some hard disk space on the working (Windows) drive to recover your files to.

Good luck.

ROGER.

try pc inspector file recovery, its freeware or get data back ($?)

This FREEWARE app is awesome.

I ran it on my hard drive and it found parts of (and in some cases entire) files from 2 formats ago still haunting around on my hard drive. It shoudl be able to restore your stuff entirely. :)

Doug Castell
Computer Control Corp
(310)396-6811

Excellent recommendation Doug!

~cdogg
[tab]"All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind";
[tab][tab]- Aristotle
[tab][navy]For general rules and guidelines to get better answers, click here:[/navy] faq219-2884

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back