Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

restoring deleted email in outlook 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

lpblauen

Technical User
Dec 2, 2004
US
We are having issues with outlook 2007. We can’t get the dumpster working. The exchange server is set to 14 days. My system is running outlook 2007 and for me its working But
For others in the company we can’t seem to get it working.

My system is not using the reg hack with dumpsteralways on. But I have the dumpster.dll version 12.0.6501.5000 in office 12 and the dumpster.ecf in addins is correct.

On another’s system we checked and they pull up a blank recovery even after deleting a email. We checked and they have the same dll as me and in the right place also the ecf file is that same as mine. We are all running outlook 2007 12.0.6539.5000 sp2 mso 12.0.6545.5004. We just migrated all users to the new 2007 exchange server. They came from a 2003 exchange server. Now its all 2007
But dumpster is not working. It did work for users when they where on the 2003 exchange server and running outlook 2003.

I know I’m missing something real simple but can’t figure it out. Do you have any ideas on what to look at.. We did try the reg hack but that didn’t work either.

update. We tried a new system with all the software installed. I could log on system then tried the tools recover deleted items and it worked fine. Had someone else logon the system and it didn't work for them. So based on this we have concluded its not the exchange server and not the software on the workstation. It's something in my profile that seems to be different from everyone else. We had others try logging into the system and none of them had the capability to recover items. So what to look for in my profile. Any one got any ideas?

It sounds like something in your Exchange Mailbox permissions. Unless you're using roaming profiles I don't think that it is likely to be anything with your Outlook profile since you've tried it on two computers.

Hope this helps.

Please help us help you. Read Tek-Tips posting polices before posting.
Canadian members check out Tek-Tips in Canada for socializing, networking, and anything non-technical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back