Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restoring Backups to New DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

1DMF

Programmer
Jan 18, 2005
GB
Hi,

I've just had a mare where a mistake was made and some records were deleted from one of the tables.

Unfortunately our sever support company isn't using a SQL agent so couldn't perform a table level restore.

However, when I tried to create a new database from the SQL .bak file, it failed with a privilages problem.

I was logged in with my account which has full admin privilages and I was using the SA account for the restore, but apparently there is an issue with SQL 2008 R2 , that only the account that originally setup/created the database (the domain admininstrator account) can perform this operation.

How can we resolve this, other than using the 'creator' account?

Can we change privilages somewhere to allow the SA or other account to perform this task?

Thanks,
1DMF

"In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"

Free Electronic Dance Music Download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back