Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restoring an SMS Primary Site to a different Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormer

Technical User
Apr 9, 2002
GB
In the near future I am going to be required to move my existing sms primary site to a new server which will have a different netbios name. I am sure this is going be a rather difficult task and mean a lot of work reconnecting the 70+ secondary sites that have just been created. Any help would be much appreciated!!

The only thing is, You must have the same Computer Name, Same SMS Site Name and SMS must be installed in the same location.

I have just been through this. I ended up starting from scratch and installing a new SMS Primary Site and New secondary sites.

I have some install documents that I can send you if you would like to look over them.

Regards,
Kaine Sherwood
PC Network Support Officer
ksherwood@csr.com.au

Kaine
Sorry to wander from the thread slightly, but do you think you could forward them to me? I'm in a similar predicament. I recently re-installed my site server (1 primary, 400+ clients) with all the original names, but I'm having a few problems.

Much appreciated
Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back