Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restoring a standalone tape from a robotic library

Status
Not open for further replies.

markdavies1978

Technical User
May 27, 2006
Hi all,

I have a tape which has a label of "131109" which was from a different Master Server which has a standalon drive, I need to restore data from this tape at a different site with different master server.

I have run an inventory & the robot has issued the media ID of "A00001" I guess I need to label this tape as "131109" in order to follow the 2 step import process?

I have checked the thread below but not sure i follow:

And advice?

I'm running version 6.0MP4 on Win Server 2003 by the way!

OK, delete the tape.
Inventory the tape using this command, vmphyinv -u <drive_index> -h <media_server_name> -verbose

This will cause NBU to read the tape header/ label, and allocate the name of the tape as it was previously.

Then phase1 /2 import.

Should then be good to go.

Martin

Thanks Martin, I had just managed to locate that command in my documentation & you have just clarified how to use it.

Cheers!

Just wanted to bring this back up.

Running vmphyinv works fine but when I then run an inventory on my robot it tries to logically add the media id's of tapes which are already present back.

Any ideas?

Don't re-inventory after running vmphyinv
vmphyinv is an inventory command.

hi try this command and change media host
bpmedia -movedb -ev <media_id> -oldserver <decommissioned_media_server> -newserver <media_server_inheriting_media>

i hope its help

Regards
Bogac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back