Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

restores to a novell server are corrupted??!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2000
US
Hello:

currently running ArcserveIT 6.61 Build 834SP2A on NT 4.0. It backs up (and restores to) 4 different NT server just fine. But when I try to restore files back to our novell 4.11 server (backed up from that novell server) most of the files are all different sizes than the originals and the data is corrupt. If I restore these novell files to one of the NT servers then copy them to the novell server, they're still a mess. So I'm guessing the corruption happens during the backup? I've tried all kinds of different files and it's rather indescriminate.

Has anyone else seen this? It's a real sore spot on my already meager looking disaster recovery plan.

cheers
susan

What Service Pack is your NetWare 4.11 server running? Have you got the TSA agents loaded on it (TSA411.NLM and TSANDS.NLM)? Are you backing it up via an Agent? -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

I'm embarrassed to say that I don't know how to check for the service pack, or the *.nlm files (at least a file search on the novell server didn't find them). Can you tell me how to verify this?

We are backing up the novell files via the Netware Agent (as opposed to through the network.) I've double checked that the server is running the correct ethernet frame types for IPX/SPX, and that the NT server doing the backup is running GSNW. Anything else I should look into?

many thanks!

ka,

To check the version of an .NLM at the console type modules.

To find .NLM info on any files starting with T as in TSA411.NLM type
modules t* this will list all :NLM files loaded that start with T.

It's been a while since I did much on a 4.11 server (and I have one at home).
But at the console, type load install and then I think you go into Product Options

Also, check to see what version is the nwagent.

Hope this helps!

tgus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back