Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restored database, but no files/folders visible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkDym

Technical User
Apr 23, 2004
GB
Hi

I recently had to reinstall Arcserve 11.1 - went fine, installed all updates and successfully restored the database.

Today, I tried to perform a restore - 'restore by query' returned no results, and when I tried a 'restore by tree' and clicked the + symbol next to the drive I wanted to look at, it said that no details were available and did I want to merge the data.

I can merge the data, but I thought that restoring the database would also restore this information and allow me to continue without having to do this.

Is there a way to retrieve this information or do I really have to feed arcserve the tapes?

Thanks

Mark

Recover Database should have done that, that is as long as the database being recovered is good.

By the way ARCserve 12 no longer uses the VLDB database and instead uses MS SQL Express.

Thanks a lot for your reply, David.

I had to merge all tapes from a Full session in order to get results from a query, which, of course, only returned results from that session. Before I did the merge I used the dbcheck utility and checked all the databases and no errors were reported.

Cheers!

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back