Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

restore unsuccessful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobixx

Technical User
Jul 17, 2010
US
System restore not successful[failed] The message I got from computer.
While coping the registry from the restore point an error occurred during
restore.0x80070570.Is there a free thing I can try to fix this?

If it boots into the desktop, or from safe mode with network, from an elevated (run as admin) command prompt try chkdsk /r/f then Run System File Checker - sfc /scannow. The error is telling you that windows can't find or the files are corrupted and unreadable. You can also try start up repair, restart windows and hold the shift key as it boots, it should take you to an advanced startup menu, choose start up repair. There are other tools you can try, some are free, or have a free version, I like tools from Piriform, and Easeus, because I have used them and they have worked for me. Others may prefer something different. These tools, may or may not get the restore point you are trying to access to work correctly, if not, after running the tools, you would have to delete the old restore points, and then create a new one. And fix whatever is wrong with the system that made you want to restore by another method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back