Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

restore receptionist ext 10 to pick up ringing line

Status
Not open for further replies.

crie73

MIS
Dec 3, 2002
US
Goofed somewhere and now the receptist at ext 10 gets an idle line and dial tone instead of the line that is ringing when she goes off hook. To answer she must press the line button. How do I restore it--- Is it the ** program or...? thanks. Chris

If the phone rings, you connect to the ringing automatically.

Check the ringing assignments, make sure they are immediate.

Could also be forwarded.

Could also be in DND

Hi crie73,
Really sounds like delayed ring or no ring. If forwarded, she would hear but one "beep" and no more ringing. DND may do this, never tried putting reception in DND while trying to answer calls.
TTT is correct, if your phone IS ringing, when you pick up the handset, you are on the call.
-Chris

I was messing with the ** setting. What does that do. All seem to be set for immediate ring. thanks for all your help. Chris

Hi Chris,
'**' is autoline select. That shouldn't affect line pickup. When you hit Feature 00 on ext 10, are the line lights on solid (immediate ring) or flashing slow or fast?
-Chris

Does anyone have any more on this thread? I'm helping out a friend, and they had three lines that rang on 'other' phones but not 10. Got into programming, centralized programming, and got all lines to solid green, but it has the same issue--the 'ringing' line is not selected by default, they have to push the ringing line button to answer. I re-read the avaya docs myself, and it leads you to believe that all phones should default to ringing line select, but it doesn't work....

Hi jgideon,
Telprog has a good idea. You can also try to cycle the power off-on. What you have done should work.
-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back