Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restore QUSRSYS and QGPL

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcs1169

Programmer
Jan 27, 2005
US
Hi all.

Background:
I have a 520 running V5R3. The system was brought live by a third party vendor while I was out of work for a while n October of last year. From what I understand, the person who brought the system live saved our old V4R5 (mod 720) system and restored to the new box. They then proceeded to upgrade the new box to V5R3. We have had no probems with the new box and are current with all PTFs.

Problem:
I am trying to get the webserver piece working for a new application that we wish to deplay. In so doing, I needed to restore the 5722DG1 package. I then found that QUSRSYS and QGPL are backlevel. I looked at all of the *FILE objects and same many files with 0001 extensions on them and descriptions of 'Old Name blah-blah-blah...'. It looks like the 0001 are the V5R3 files whereas the files currently being used are the old V4R5 files.

I know that this is long winded. Sorry. In talking to IBM, they tell me that I need to scratch QUSRSYS and QGPL to bring these libraries current (I am hoping that this is an IBM CYA response). I do not see this as an option as we have a lot of work done on this system since October. Has anyone experienced this before and successfully brought their system current?

Thanx...

Mitch

Some things don't make a lot of sense,, if they restored to a new box,, and then "Upgraded" to the new V5R3,, how did the QUSRSYS and especially the QGPL,, get "backleveled". I do not see the QGPL,, being "left out", of any normal upgrade that was performed. So I'll ask the dumb question,,, did they tell you "how" to bring them current??? I mean after deleting the old libraries. I suppose that if you have autoconfigure turned on,, the system would re-setup all the devices. But wouldn't you have to setup the users profiles again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back