Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restore Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dontworx

Technical User
Apr 9, 2003
US
I rarely ever have to work on a Magix so please excuse me for sounding stupid. I had just recently removed a PRI from a system. The guy from tech support told me to remove the card and renumber the system and that would take care of it. The only thing I did not realise is that it killed the two analog cards to the right of it that they use for their some occasional sales drives. As soon as I stuck the PRI back in the dialtone came back on the two cards, but I lost all of the huntgroups programed. I wanted to restore a backup I had from before I removed the PRI. The problem is that the system always shows busy when I try to do a restore. Could it be becouse the second PRI that I put back into the system is in Alarm? Any help would be appreciated. By the way this is a Merlin upgraded to a Magix.

The second question that I have is can the magix page thru the phones and a page port like a co trunk at the same time, or is their a page card for it.

Thank you very much.

Are you doing the restore from on-site? or remotely? You need to it when the system is not in use (after hours/before open hours) - or just kick everyone off and do it. If you do it remotely - remember it can take a long while and if you lose the connection - you may be worse off.

You can page thru the speakerphones via Page All (intercom 799) - or setup paging Groups with specific extentions as members - and/or set up an unused line port for Loudspeaker Page.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Thanks for the reply. I was able to get it restored this morning. What I was wondering on the paging is can you page thru the phones and a trunk port at the same time.
Thaks

Not that I am aware of - because loudspeaker page uses a line port - and paging through the phones is basically an intercom voice call to several extentions. But you could repeat the paging message - one after the other (loudspeaker, and then phone paging groups).

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

I believe this feature is available in Magix 3.0 and it was about time. lg

I stand corrected I have looked it up and it is available with Magix 2.2 You can a have Group Page (All Page)go over to Loudspeaker paging ports simultaneously. lg

Yeah - but he wants (ceiling) loudspeaker page AND paging through all speakerphones - at the same time. I don't believe that is possible.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

I have done this in Magix 3.0 but it is available in Magix 2.2 software. AND IT DOES go out over all the speakerphones and overhead paging simultaneously and again I said it is about time. lg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back