Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restore Original Cert from Exchange 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

rye8261

Technical User
Jul 6, 2003
US
OK, I've added my company certificate a while back to my Exchange 2007 server. We didn't have any Outlook 2007 computers so I didn't know about the whole certificate issue with being on the internal network and being prompted about it. Now we do have an Outlook 2007 user, me, and while I don't mind clicking that it's ok to trust the internal name for the external server name, I need to get it ready for other users.

I've read articles like this:
But they all have to do with before you put your company cert on the server. I've created the 2nd website to allow for me to use an internal and an external cert but don't know where to get the internal.

I don't run a certificate server in my network, but can set one up if that's the only way. I though there was a default one installed when Exchange 2007 was installed but can't remember as it was a little while ago. Does anyone have any info on that or a way to re-insert the default cert?

See my FAQ on this. (on the FAQ page, I explain it step by step)
If not post back i'll try and help out.

Steve.

"They have the internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson

I am having the same issue as Rye, is there anyway to restore the original cert that exchange created when it was installed.

Try the New-ExchangeCertificate cmdlet in the shell.

That'll generate a SSL for you, but be advised that this will only work for internal client on your domain (will encrypt all clients but non-domain client will get a warning)

Cheers,

Steve.

"They have the internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back