Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

restore groupwise to different machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

sramey00

Programmer
Jun 9, 2004
US
I have some arcserve backups i am trying to restore using acrserve 9.0. when i try to restore them to my local machine (not the groupwise server backedup from) the last result states "crashed" but gives no explanation.

can anyone direct me how to restore to a different machine outside the backedup native environment?

Mr. Steve

GroupWise Version/Platform? Backed up using the Groupwise Agent, GWTSA, other TSA, version of NetWare (if applicable).

Generally speaking if you are attempting to restore a backup of a netware file to a windows machine it isn't going to work, or if it does it will probably be zero byte or corrupt. Cross platform restores like this aren't supported.

thanks for the info. i eventually stumbled upon that answer when i talked to ARCserve salesmen.

we used a program called media merge pc and were able to restore it to a windows environment. however, groupwise encrypts everything so that it can't be searched through the file system. next agenda is to build a novell / groupwise environment. can't wait for this project!

Thanks again.

Mr. Steve

Post any further difficulties - I have quite a bit of experience doing GW/NetWare disaster recovery with AS9

I do what you're trying to do for a living, so feel free to ask questions. It is somewhat of a pain to recover, but it's doable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back