Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restore from tape 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

computer2004

Technical User
Jun 8, 2004
US
I have a Netbackup 4.5 setup on a windows2000.
It has 3 policies.
Policy 1 is for M-Thu inc backup, retention 6wks.
Policy 2 Fri full backup, retention 6wks.
Policy 3 EOM full backup, once a month, retention 1yr.

I need to restore a dir from a EOM tape, but the Restore wizard only shows 6wks of tapes.

Do I need to perform an import then the tape will show up in Restore wizard for me to select which dir to restore?

I don't know if Import can read the content of a tape and let me select which files to restore in Restore wizard.

Thanks

If there is one policy with three schedules check the date range used in the restore. If it is three different policies check that the client names are exactly the same on all of the policies and it is the same being used in the restore. Not sure why your using three different policies for one client though?

Thanks for the response.

I don't know why it has 3 policies. It was originally setup by another system admin.

I will rewrite the policy.
I suppose 1 policy with different calendar dates for inc and full will do it.

After Importing tape, I should be able to see that date's backup tape and select files or directories to restore?

Another steps I need to do to get this restore going.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back