Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restore Exchange to a different location in 11.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sambooka

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2012
CA
Hi!
I am trying to do a DB restore to a recovery storage group in exchange 2003.

The server I am trying to restore to is not the original server (sort of.. I will get to that)

Original server was a virtual server in a cluster. We have since retired the cluster, removed the exchange vs etc etc.

I uninstalled exchange from one of the nodes and reinstalled it locally. That went fine.
Arcserve "seems" to be behaving well. I can scan/merge the media. I can set the agent options as per the supportconnect site. (only checked commit after restore and mount after restore)

I created a local store with the same name as the db I am try to restore. I then added that DB to the Recovery store (but both are unmounted)

When I try to back up it fails at 16%.

Any thoughts? Error codes are below

Arcserve says:
E8605 Failed to start restore Backup Agent Error -- (1363) "Exchange Server Error. HrESERestoreOpen failed. ".)

Exchange App Log says:
Event Source: ESE BACKUP
Event Category: Callback
Event ID: 904
Information Store (3720) Callback function call ErrESECBRestoreOpen ended with error 0x8004010F .

Got it... typo in the recovery store path... works now.
Cant mount the store but I get the db files.. that is good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back