Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

restore clients indexes onto another legato server

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdebrabandere

Technical User
Mar 6, 2003
BE
Hello,

I am installing a additionnal Legato server in a new location for disaster recovery purpose.
How can I restore the clients indexes from Legato server 1 onto Legato server 2 ?

Both locations are connected to the same WAN.
I may not use a single server with 2 storage nodes for disaster recovery reason.
I may not recover the bootstrap because the name of the server must be different.
The only way I know is to scan tapes and rebuild the indexes which is very slow.
I think of copying periodically the indexes through the WAN ...

Many thanks in advance for you advices
Thierry

Hello,

Try to add user legato@server2 into the "Remote access" field of server 1.

Ron

Hi Ron,

I've tried but it does not give me the the clients indexes available on server2
should I do something next ?

Thanks

Indexes can simply be copied over, but without the corresponding media database, this will not get you anywhere. The media database cannot be copied; it has to be recovered through mmrecov

It is the media database that knows what saveset is stored on what tape.

You can restore the bootstrap on a different system with different name. Just make sure that the two servers do not "see" each other, otherwise they will disable themselves due to a license violation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back