Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restore by Tree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

idamann

IS-IT--Management
Dec 30, 2003
US
After an upgrade to build 2020(due to some other odd issues we needed an upgrade) whenever we try to restore by tree, as soon as you click on the tree the program closes.

no "are you sure" messages, no nothing,,,just closes.

I have gone round and round with CA on this and they tell me to upgrade to build 2040, which I did,,,same problem, they even went so far as to tell me that I did the upgrade wrong and sent me a new program install CD with build 2040....same problemo.

any ideas?

You specify that "restore by tree" has the problem.
Is that to say then that all other restore options work???

If you are doing remote management, try working from the backup server itself.

To test to see if it is do to a database problem:
(if it is the VLDB database if you are using SQL forget it)
copy the complete contents of the database subdirectory
initilize all the databases
if it now works, you have a database problem
if the problem still happens copy the original database directory back

Check the logs folder for exception logs and check the Dr Watson log for signs of a gpf.

sorry for not clarifying, all other restore options work just fine.

Trying this from the server and from a remote management produce the same results.

I will try what you said and report back.

Id@

I have exactly the same problem. If I try it from the server where is the tape device it closes. If I try it remotely ARC Manager hungs. I have W2k SP4, ARCSERVE2000 Enterprise Edition, Tape Library Option, SAN, Oracle backup Agent, SP4 + QO29368 + QO22113 + QO41394.

I forgot to reply back to this thread, I tried restoring the databases and still ha the same problem, so I went back to the previous config(thank you Norton Ghost).

I'm just having to work around this problem, but it's annoying sometimes.

Hi idamnn,

You have told that you are in build 2040, is that ARCServe2000 SP5 or Sp4. If it is SP5, have you had any problem after installing it?. Why did you go back to the same configuration?. ARCServe stopped working.

As you say, this problem is annoying but is not very important. On the other hand I am having other problems with restore. We make and Oracle backup through the Oracle Agent and files backup with and without w2K client Agent and it works, but when I take tapes out of the library (Compaq TL891), get them in again and make inventory I loose information in the ARCServe Database, I mean, when I go to restore by session screen I can see the tape number and the ID but it is completely empty, I just can't see the sessions. Just after doing the backup I can see them. Database is not corrupted because machine is just reinstalled, not only the complete ARCServe2000 software, also the OS. Checked permissions in Please. Any ideas?.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back